At Value Dental Centers Moreno Valley, we know that dental emergencies are stressful. If you or your child is in pain, it is difficult to think of anything else. On top of that, if you have a damaged tooth, you have the added embarrassment of a disfigured smile. Fortunately, we offer complete emergency dentistry services at our Moreno Valley, CA office. Whether you are a new patient or you have been coming to us for some time, we are ready to provide the compassionate care you need – whenever you need it. We offer an after-hours line, and we can often schedule you for a same-day appointment. Plus, we will guide you in caring for your dental emergency even before you come into the office.
Offering Urgent Care Any Time You Need It
When dental emergencies occur over the weekend or at night, it can intensify your stress. Luckily, when you visit our practice, you will never be stranded without appropriate care. When you call on evenings or weekends, our line will automatically direct you to an on-call emergency dentist. He or she may be able to see you that same day. If not, your practitioner will provide tips to ease discomfort until you can come in for an appointment.
Emergencies Treated at Value Dental Centers
We treat a full spectrum of dental emergencies. Like all of our procedures, our urgent care is completely customized. The care that is right for you will depend on your emergency and the extent of dental damage.
- Knocked out teeth are one of the most common emergencies, especially among kids and athletes. If you seek immediate treatment, your dentist may be able to place your natural tooth back in its socket. If this is not possible, we can provide a durable dental restoration, such as a bridge or implant.
- Broken teeth are another frequent emergency. In cases of minor to moderate damage, we can often bond the broken piece back in place. If your tooth is more severely broken, your dentist may place a dental crown.
- Toothaches can arise for a number of reasons. Infection and cavities are two of the most common causes. In these situations, your dentist may recommend root canal therapy or dental fillings, respectively.
- If you have something stuck between your teeth, you can try to remove it by flossing and brushing. However, you should never try to extricate it with a sharp object. We can easily remove the item without damaging your gums.
What to Do in Case of an Emergency
When you are in pain, we want to ease discomfort even before you come into the office. In addition, with appropriate care at home, you may be able to reduce the extent of dental damage.
- When you properly attend to your knocked out tooth, it is more likely that your dentist can replace it naturally. You should gently wash off the tooth without touching the roots. Put it back in the socket and gently bite down to keep it in place. If you cannot do this, place it in a container of milk, saliva, or saline. Bring the tooth with you to your appointment.
- You should follow similar guidelines if you have a broken tooth. Store the broken piece in one of those three substances, and bring it with you to your appointment.
- There are a number of home remedies for toothaches, but you still need timely professional care. In the interim, however, anti-inflammatory medications and cold compresses can minimize your discomfort.
When you call our office, we will provide specific guidelines for your situation.
Contact Us for the Treatment You Need
To receive the urgent care you need, contact Value Dental Centers Moreno Valley right now.